London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2020 - Trading
WHO WE ARE
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
The Trading Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. In addition to experiencing a range of trading desks across different asset classes, you could also have the opportunity to conduct one rotation in a different specialism including; sales, structuring, research, primary, or generalist. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn more about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
- Trade execution and short-term risk management
- Aid trading activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis
- Trading report development, and evaluation of trading strategies and their appropriateness for our customers
- Market commentary and analysis for internal and external distribution
- Development of modelling tools for markets analysis
- Analytical, logical and innovative thinker
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Proficient with MS Office tools, VBA and other coding languages are an advantage
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 5th September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 29th November 2019
This programme is closed to applications.