London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2020 - Structuring
WHO WE ARE
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
The Structuring Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. In addition to experiencing a range of different structuring teams focusing on different asset classes of client types, you also have the opportunity to conduct one rotation in a different specialism including; sales, trading, research, primary or generalist. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn more about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
- Creating innovative and client driven products/solutions suited to market conditions and client needs, from investment to liability/risk/capital management
- Designing, pricing and marketing derivatives
- Attend client meetings alongside Sales and Coverage to help originate opportunities and design tailor made solutions that add value to our clients
- Supporting the marketing efforts through presentations, in-depth analysis and back-testing
- Interacting closely with Sales, Trading and Clients
- Contributing to digitalisation of our platform
- Controlling that the product offer is in line with the BNPP trading capacity and policies.
- Finance, Economics or Engineering background is not a requirement
- Methodical, logical, systematic and solution-driven approach
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s
- Strong interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Strong desire and capacity to learn
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel, VBA and other coding languages are an advantage
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience are an advantage
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 5th September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 29th November 2019
This programme is closed to applications.