London - Long Term Internship 2019 - Equity Sales, Sales Management
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business, delivering investment solutions across a wide range of asset classes and industry-leading services.
As world leader in derivatives, BNP Paribas Global Markets offers clients tailored products, state-of-the-art trading, processing systems, research and strategic advising from its teams of experts, while also maintaining a sustainable economic model.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be hired into EQD Sales as a Sales & Sales Management assistant.
The intern is expected to show initiative, flexibility, accuracy, good communication and commitment working in the front office environment.
· Point of contact for the sales team on requests such as :
· Interacting with various teams to facilitate day-to-day business :
· Preparing activity reports
· Assisting in preparing management presentations
· Assisting in market research and competition analysis
· Participating in enhancement of existing marketing materials
· Preparing frequent communications on activity and developments
· Assisting with sales & business setup improvement projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Demonstrable interest in the financial markets or economic affairs
· Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
· Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Team player
· Excellent spoken and written English are crucial and other languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
· A degree from an engineering or business school or university (minimum of a Bachelor’s degree)
· Strong academic record
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required for interacting with other BNP departments
· Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Proven analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently and diligently
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint essential)
· Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets and products
· Motivation and initiative
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions
· Escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Duration: 11 months
Start date: ASAP
This programme is closed to applications.