Paris - Apprenticeship - Global Banking - People development and Engagement Associate
BNP Paribas is a European financial services leader with a global presence, 190,000 employees and key positions in three major segments: Corporate and Institutional Banking, International Financial Services and Retail Banking.
The Corporate Clients Group “CCG” unit sits at the heart of CIB – Global banking organization. Its main mission is to foster a long-lasting, mutually beneficial intimate relationship with clients, built upon advice and on an integrated product offering through :
- Developing and growing corporate relationships, by acting as gateway to the Group’s integrated offer.
- Strengthening our strategic dialogue and intimacy with the client franchise in order to grow our market share on event-driven situations.
Three client-facing teams jointly serve this ambition (Corporate Coverage EMEA, Industry Groups, M&A EMEA)
Alongside with clients franchise and capital, CCG talents and effective set-up are the cornerstone of CCG’s ambition to become the leading banking partner in EMEA. In order foster a strategy to attract, retain and develop motivated and talented professionals, the People Engagement and Development office has been created beginning of 2019.
Fully embedded into CCG business lines it role is to :
- implement a consistent and thorough performance monitoring and culture
- ensure a streamlined and smooth performance dialogue notably through
- ensuring buy in and correct use of practices and tools
- permanent improvement of methodologies and tools i.e scorecard evolution, performance evidencing, cross surveys
- supervision of the appraisal campaigns
- to develop common skills sets and development, notably through the design enlargement and operationalization of the Investment Banking Academy and the definition of efficient training and carreer paths.
- develop community of bankers’ engagement notably trough efficient onboarding and induction programs.
Position description and missions
The Associate will work hand in hand with the People Engagement and Development Manager in all aspects of its mandate notably :
- The associate shall actively contribute to project-based initiatives linked with performance culture deployment and measurement.
- He/she will directly and operationally be involved in the Investment Banking Academy implementation and progress through session’s organization, dashboard implementation, feed- back analysis.
- He/she contribute to develop analytics solutions and digital improvement of the performance follows up and programs monitoring. He /she will be pivot to formalize and frame ways of working with data mining teams as well as abroad based support teams.
- He/she will actively participate to year-end appraisal process by a thorough monitoring of progress, accurate analysis of the performance results and reporting.
- He / she will participate to KPIs redefinition exercise and implementation
- She/he will also participate to community of bankers animation through coordination of events, trainings or efficient best practices or know how dissemination.
Benefits of the position
The position is ideal to get insight on how human capital & development are shaped up in complex organizations, as well as understanding the roles, interactions and required profiles.
The position is located close to CCG Management so the associate will gain a clear understanding of the bank strategy and implied performance monitoring requirement, skills development and permanent questioning.
An Open minded and cheerful candidate will certainly get the opportunity to nurture a network in CCG’s métiers.
- Excellent level of written English and drafting skills
- Advanced Computer skills
- Agile and with collaborative and digital platforms
- Skills or appetite for project-mode collaboration
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive and curious
- Rigorous and autonomous
- French and English are primary working language but other European languages are viewed positively
This programme is closed to applications.