London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2021 - Trading
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNPP is a leading bank in Sustainable Finance and Global Markets contributes to the group across its financing, investing, hedging and servicing activities, bridging investors needs and issuers ESG needs.
Integrating Sustainable Finance into our strategic dialogue with our clients has become a key pillar of GM strategy, well aligned with the rest of CIB.
Our objective is to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business, and every employee will be expected to contribute to their team or desk efforts to promote and develop ESG products and sustainable finance solutions during their rotations.
The Trading Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. In addition to experiencing a range of trading desks across different asset classes, you could also have the opportunity to conduct one rotation in a different specialism including; sales, structuring, research and primary. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn more about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
-Trade execution and short-term risk management
- Aid trading activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis
- Trading report development, and evaluation of trading strategies and their appropriateness for our customers
- Market commentary and analysis for internal and external distribution
- Development of modelling tools for markets analysis
- Analytical, logical and innovative thinker
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Proficient with MS Office tools, VBA and other coding languages are an advantage
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 1st September 2020
CLOSING DATE: 1st November 2020