London - Graduate Programme 2020 - Compliance
Who we are
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
To support each team in Compliance on a six month rotation. The teams will be a team in Compliance, and will rotate in any of the following teams Controls, Central (Functions), Financial Crime, Regulatory Change/interactions. This will require an understanding of regulation and financial markets as it will involve some interactions with the CIB front office, operations and other functions. The key purpose of this role is to assist each of the teams to carry out day to day Compliance activities for various businesses and being aware of all compliance, regulatory and business related issues. Each rotation will be different so being able to adapt and learn about all areas is vital and a willingness to learn about each area is important.
Core Activities Covered
- Transversal - work with Regulatory Change team. Learn how to manage key questions about regulatory change and key projects in compliance
- Global Markets - work with each Compliance Business team to understand the many issues and key tasks therefore able to assist with the day to day work of the Global Markets team
- Compliance Controls Team – to understand how to set up a Compliance Control, collecting and and monitoring controls according to the controls framework
- Compliance Monitoring – to work with the team to be able to review eComms and data and to be able to monitor and report any key findings
- Central Compliance – to work with the Registrations Team to log and register staff and to manage the new certification process. Also to work with the Functions Compliance team to understand and assist with the Compliance issues relating to non-front office staff and to work on projects in this team
- Financial Crime – to work on the Sanctions Monitoring Team and also the Payments Team to understand the process for payments andwhat they are required to monitor. Also to work with the AML/KYC Team to help the team manage the KYC monitoring.
As directed by each Compliance team, to contribute to UK, regional or global projects with a view to ensuring that they are delivered effectively and efficiently. This will be dependent on the decision of each team head.
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
Maintain appropriate knowledge and training material to ensure to be fully compliant with rules, regulations and policies. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.
- Provide day-to-day assistance and support to each of the Compliance areas within the rotation
- Learn about each business and related compliance matters on-the-job
- Take on key activities in each of the teams such as working on projects, working on Business as usual activities, including investigations, reviews, data collection and training
- Understanding of the Financial Markets and some knowledge of the regulators and regulation
- Relevant degree from a leading University or equivalent qualification
- Good team player / Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good IT skills particularly with MS Office
- Additional language skills (European) advantageous
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening Date: 5th September
Closing Date: 29th November