London - Long Term Internship 2020 - xVA Intern
Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
· G10 Rates,
· Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
· FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
· Prime Solutions & Financing, and
· Primary & Credit Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
The mandate of the xVA desk is to manage the counterparty credit risk of the Global Markets counterparties. Within the xVA desk, Legacy and Credit Management is a team of three people in London who control the credit information flow for xVA over the whole life-cycle of a client relationship from the inception of a relationship to defaults and the aftermath.
What you’ll do
xVA LCM is looking for an intern to cover for the junior member of the team who is on secondment to another team covering a maternity period. The successful applicant will be exposed to all the aspects of team’s mandate but with specific emphasis on the following:
- Provide analyses and reviews of counterparty credit information to Global Markets Management, Sales and Transversal teams as required
- Provide analytic support to senior xVA LCM team members in relation to ad hoc investigations, queries and reviews using knowledge of BNPP’s risk processes, derivatives contracts and BNPP’s risk and trade booking systems
- Contribute to reducing the impact of data inaccuracies on Global Markets trades through routine and ad hoc reviews
Competencies required for the role
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to work independently but also good at building a network of relationships within and across teams.
- Excellent time management skills; able to deliver work on time
- Good communicator
- Interest in financial markets
- Fluent in English
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: August/September 2020
Length of Internship: 9 months
This programme is closed to applications.