London - VIE - Global Markets - Business Intelligence Data Analyst
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Applying data science to Global Markets client activity data providing sales and trading with the latest insights and decision making tools
• Creation of data workflows using Python, transforming raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement
• Assist management by blending, extracting and analysing data
• Liaise with data providers to solve data issues
• Contribute to the implementation of improvements to the data processing systems: e.g. analysis and validation of feeds etc.
• Facilitate good communication flow with GCA team globally.
• Tell a compelling story with data to provide actionable insights allowing instant decision making at management levels
• Production of interactive dashboards primarily using Tableau as a tool
• Facilitate good communication flow with Marketers, Business Managers, Finance, Management, IT etc.
• Bachelor or Master or Computer Science or Engineering
• Interest in Data Science
The working environment is important:
The Global Markets Client Analytics team are responsible for providing data, insights and analysis around GM Client Activity. The consumers of this data and analysis are over 1000 global Front Office users including Sales, Trading, Research and Senior Management. We are a global team, with presence in EMEA, Americas and APAC. The team is responsible to build a solid database from various golden sources and develop reports and dashboards to provide valuable insight to the Front Office in a rapid, agile manner. The team in London is comprised of 10 members.
The next steps?
- wide exposure to all businesses in Global Markets, including foreign exchange, equity derivatives, credit, rates, commodities and prime brokerage
- opportunity to get training on the latest digital topics
- manage complex projects
- stakeholder management
- ability to work in a fast paces and ever changing environment
- work in a diversified team with presence in EMEA, APAC and AMER
- opportunity to develop a career in a rapidly growing area of investment banking
Candidates should have/be able to demonstrate:
• Good level of experience in a delivery focussed team
• Experience with a programming language (object orientated eg Python/ Java/C++)
• Database modelling understanding; strong knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of Alteryx software
• Knowledge of Tableau software
• An excellent track record of data analysis/Management Information reporting work
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
• Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
• Capital Markets products business knowledge
• Fluent English.
BAC +5 , Engineering School , Field: Captital Markets/Transaction Banking and/or Computer Science
Personal Umoact/Ability to influence
Attention to detail/rigor
Ability to deliver/Results Driven
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
Robotics and Artifical Intelligence
Investement Banking Knowledge
UX and Costumer journey approach
MS OFFICE PACK (POWER POINT,EXCEL)
Content management microsoft sharepoint
Statistics Modeling Tools
Data viz Blending Analytics Tableau