London - Long Term Internship 2019 - Automated Market Making
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
AMM (Automated Market Making) work is ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algorithm design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows. The day to day job is highly quantitative and IT driven.
As a new joiner in the london team, the candidate will contribute to the day to day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading and with strong interactions between quant traders and IT strategists (both in Paris and London). The primary working landscape will be on fair value calculation and execution optimisation.
- Being fluent with internal tools, back testing tools and analytics library (Lynx/XTI/EDGEstat)
- Back-test systematic Market Making strategies
- Perform simulation of execution strategies
- Help improve execution both liquidity placement and liquidity taking
- Work on modelling cross assets relationships
- Work with strategist to implement tools adaptation (Automaton : Edge / Backtester : Lynx)
- Handle production as other members of the team.
- Perform Academic research digest on quant modelling topics
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent Analytics and Quantitative skills
- Knowledge of programming language : Python is a must, Java is a plus
- Demonstrate tenacity
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Strong academic record, by preference Master in Quantitative finance
- Previous internship or work experience related to modelling/programing is a plus
This programme is closed to applications.