London - Long Term Internship - Performance Management Analysts
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Overview of the role
This internship will help you gain a better understanding of the Performance Management for Global Markets and its drivers.
You will interact with many different teams from Front Office and Finance, and see first-hand how these teams support Global Markets. .
You will also gain a better understanding of the continuous monitoring of the Front Office teams' Financials.
You will notably be able to:
- develop your network, working daily with many teams in various location, whether in Front Office or in Finance
- develop your knowledge in financial analysis as well as project management
- develop your client management skills, interacting with internal clients from GM PM
Key responsibilities of the role:
Performance Management Reporting:
Develop analytical skills by reviewing key financials including headcount, expenses and allocation keys.
Provide support with analysis on variances vs. budgets / internal targets, highlighting trends, and following up on questions and/or concerns.
Learn about Business Profitability by supporting the production of monthly Cost and Headcount reports
Contribute to the development of analysis tools to assist Business partners in the management of their activity
Help preparing answers to questions from Business Management, Finance Management, Head Office Performance Management, etc. with accurate and timely responses.
Learn how to investigate expense issues and contribute to solutions implementations
Requirements for the role
The ideal candidate will be studying Accounting and Finance, Performance Management (Controle de Gestion), Finance Project Management, or Financial Analysis Undergraduate or Master’s Degree.
- You will have good communication skills (written and verbal)
- You should have an attention to detail and be rigorous
- You will be client focused
- Excellent language skills in English are required
- A good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is crucial to this position.
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: London
- Start date: January 2021
This programme is closed to applications.