London - Long Term Internship 2020 - KYC Front Office
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career. At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets. Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas CIB has made client relations the cornerstone of its strategy, with the primary aims of developing long-term relationships with our clients and meeting their needs by providing solutions across the Bank’s entire product range and global presence.
Corporate Coverage includes the following areas;
- Strategic Clients - FTSE100 corporates
- Corporate Clients, which is comprised of;
(a) Corporate Clients – mid to large corporate clients headquartered in the UK
(b) Multinational Corporate (MNC) Clients – large subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
- Commercial Banking Clients – smaller subsidiaries of overseas headquartered clients of the Bank
- Business Development
- Credit Analyst team
- Represent the Front Office in liaising with Due Diligence teams to ensure KYC is completed on all clients.
- Provide guidance to the Front Office Senior Business Officers in respect of KYC requirements, to ensure that the SBO is aware of what is required and when.
- Keep proactive and documented track of progress of current KYC reviews as well as look ahead to upcoming reviews over the next few months (minimum 3 months ahead), plan workload and prioritise accordingly and provide updates on the status of files to Coverage Management, to Due Diligence and to the line manager, escalating any issues to management before they become urgent.
- Ensure all required documentation are collected from the client and from public sources in good time to allow the Due Diligence team to complete the file (mostly chasing after unfruitful emails from the Due Diligence officer).
- Ensure requests from the Due Diligence team are followed and also follow up on the answers provided on a timely manner.
- Manage new business requests received from the Front Office. This begins with the completion of the online system request through to liaising with the Due Diligence team to ensure timely completion and prioritisation.
- Help to prepare internal KYC documentation on of and with validation of the relationship managers covered
- Frequently interact with key stakeholders such as Compliance and Due Diligence Operations to develop strong partnerships, eliminate roadblocks and ensure continuity of information flow.
Potential for increased scope within the role:
- Work on change management projects related to the client onboarding and recertification processes.
- Excellent analysis and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, reporting and prioritization skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- If possible, experience in KYC/Due Diligence, Compliance, Middle Office or Front Office role.
- An understanding of UK Anti Money Laundering regulations or appetite to develop knowledge of it.
- An understanding of banking products and services.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and within complex decision chains with multiple stakeholders.
- Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines when required (for example, with urgent requests from the Business Line).
- A “can do” attitude.
- Fluent in English.
- Computer-literate (excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office) and appetite to learn, test and use new tools
Duration: 6-11 months
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Feb 21st 2020
This programme is closed to applications.