London - Long Term Internship 2019 - Debt Capital Markets - Sovereigns, Supranationals, Agencies
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. As a core part of the BNP Paribas Group and with nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, BNP Paribas CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career.
Our employees work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects and ambitions around the world. Our success is built on doing things differently, encouraging new ideas and giving our people the room to grow and innovate. If you are analytical, numerate and entrepreneurial; if you can grasp complex financial concepts quickly; if you speak good English and German and are ready to learn, we want to hear from you.
The Sovereigns, Supranationals, Agencies Team are looking for a Long Term Intern
The Debt Capital Markets (DCM) group provides services to clients looking to issue debt in public and private markets by drawing on a current and deep understanding of market conditions while focusing on client needs. Clients include large corporates, financial institutions and public institutions like sovereigns, supranationals and government agencies.
In DCM, you will have the opportunity to gain a deep insight into the fixed income markets and, at the same time, gain exposure to leaders within the industry. You will develop a full understanding of the disciplines within DCM including the origination and execution of mandates. Moreover they will have the opportunity to sharpen both technical and soft skills through on-the-job training.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
· Strong numerical and basic modelling skills.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline although Maths, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics are particularly relevant
· Excellent spoken and written English
· German and Scandinavian languages as an advantage
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct and strong Ethics.
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions
· Escalate issues to your manager when unsure
This programme is closed to applications.