London – Long Term Internship 2018 – FX Hybrid Trading
WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
- Work in in close partnership with ITs and Quantitative Research teams to develop new Trading / Risk management tools.
- Perform quantitative (stress-tests and back-testing) and qualitative analysis (macro scenario) of different trading strategies in order to pitch them to Senior Traders.
- Price sophisticated Exotic products and assist the Structuring team in designing new payoffs.
- Monitor market news and events impacting the desk positions across different asset classes.
- Familiarise yourself with Interest Rates and FX markets (Volatility, Correlations, etc.).
- Prepare daily P&L reports and escalate any unexplained elements to Senior Traders.
- Take part in the daily tasks of the desk (Pricing, Booking, Market Monitoring).
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Econometrics or related disciplines.
- Programming skills (C++, C# or VBA).
- Experience in using Statistical analysis tools (R or Matlab).
- Experience in using information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters) are advantageous.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
CLOSING DATE 12th NOVEMBER
This programme is closed to applications.