Paris - Long-term Internship - Global Markets - Associate intern to EMEA Sovereigns- Official Institutions Coverage
Associate intern to EMEA Sovereigns - Official Institutions Coverage
BNP Paribas is a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the strongest banks in the world. Present across Europe through all its business lines, the Group has four domestic retail banking markets in France, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg. It has one of the largest international networks with operations in 80 countries and 200,000 employees, includins 156,000 in Europe, 15,000 in North America and 13,000 in Asia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be working in the Paris-based team of the Official Institutional Coverage (OIC) department dedicated to the coverage of Official Institutions: Sovereigns, Supranationals, Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds. Within the European bureau, your mission is to support the OIC Senior Banker and Vice-President in charge of developing business relationships with Europe Middle East & Africa (EMEA) sovereigns and assist in the building of a strategic policy dialogue with the official sector.
Your mission includes:
- Daily monitoring of macroeconomic developments in Europe and of market conditions globally;
- Follow-up of the funding and issuance strategy of EMEA sovereign clients;
- Active monitoring of developments in the area of sovereign debt management;
- Participate to the credit process attached to clients by drafting dedicated support memos;
- Contribute to the marketing and business support for Senior Bankers in charge of EMEA sovereigns;
- Draft "Briefing Memos" and support material in view of client meetings or in the broader context of annual events such as that of the IMF April meetings;
- Contribute to transverse initiatives with the view to promote the OIC sovereign franchise (OIC events, high-level working groups, advisory mandates etc.).
- Fully fluent in French and in English.
- Master degree (ideally gap/interim year M1/M2) from University, Institute of Political Studies, Business or Engineering School (majoring in finance, economics or management)
- Knowledge of banking environment;
- Good understanding of macroeconomic and international finance issues;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, in particular interest in policy making, global capital flows and macroeconomic subjects;
- Capacity to analyse, summarise, write notes in French and English and draft PowerPoint material;
- Computer skills: Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel… Bloomberg would be a plus;
- Capacity to analyse, summarise, write notes in English targeting the OIC Community;
- Strong sense of autonomy and priorities.
The OIC department is looking for a long-term intern, for 6-month period.
Region: Paris (France)
Scheme: Long Term Internship
Department: Official Institutions Coverage
Role: Associate intern to European Sovereigns
Starting Date: early January 2019
Duration: 6 months
This programme is closed to applications.