London - Long Term Internship 2019 - Commodity Derivatives Corporate Sales
Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
· G10 Rates,
· Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
· FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
· Prime Solutions & Financing, and
· Primary & Credit Markets,
helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
What you’ll do
· Be part of the CD Commodity team, supporting and sharing the developing of the team’s business.
· Learning the different booking and pricing systems
· Help with recaps, end of day internal reconciliation trade emails
· Liaising with middle office on trade reconciliation or issues whenever necessary
· Writing daily market reports (Metals, Gas, Oil)
· Sending daily news internally and to clients
· Assist with managing the onboard process, following up with internal teams and clients to get information required.
· Check the trader/clients position in FAST (to be double checked by sales)
· Manage distribution lists and updating client contact list.
· Build up relationship with different commodity trading teams, and drawing out information/flows of note that can use for marketing.
· Maintaining and developing excel spread sheet for key commodity market information and positions, to be incorporated in market flashes.
· Monitoring inter market relationships, arbs and spreads, what is not seen from the screen price
· Aim is to have candidate to be confident in quoting, supporting and covering clients, developing new relationship and ownership of client within the team.
· Back up in chatrooms, and on voice for client requests and quotes, and using IB as a training ground for watching interaction and information provision
· Help the CD team with incoming client calls
· Help the CD team with meeting presentation and ad-hoc analysis
· Learn how to use Risk Navigator and support the team with credit simulation and RAROC calculations
Competencies required for the role
Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent with a strong preference for a degree in a quantitative subject.
· Strong interest in and good understanding of the financial markets.
· Fluent in English.
· Good communicator.
· Excellent quantitative and analytical.
· Good project management skills.
Previous experience in Equity Derivatives is a plus but not necessary.
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: October 2019
Length of Internship: 11 months