Paris - Long Term Internship - Corporate Banking - Leveraged Finance Media Telecom
6-month Internship starting in June 2017
Leveraged Finance Europe (LFE) gathers 80 professionals specialized in LBO Financing across Europe (Paris, London, Frankfurt, Munich, Madrid, Milan and Brussels). These teams are responsible for the origination of LBO deals, from mid-cap to large-cap, and their follow up.
Within LFE sits a transversal team dedicated to Media & Telecom across EMEA. This team regroups 5 professionals (3 located in Paris and 2 in London).
The intern will work within LFE Media & Telecom in Paris. Its role consists in :
-Originating and executing debt transactions (loans and bonds) for leveraged clients in Europe -Developing relationships with clients, being the entry point in the Bank for most companies and Private Equity firms operating in the Media & Telecom sector
Its sectorial expertise encompasses telecom operators (fixed, mobile and broadband), cable, telecom tower and fiber network operators, TV (broadcasting and pay-TV), cinema operators, content providers and publishing companies.
The intern’s key responsibilities will include :
- Participate in preparing pitches for clients and prospects (new LBO transaction, refinancing, extension)
- Prepare internal credit notes on transactions and business updates for the Credit Committee
- Analyze the industry’s dynamics and the strategic positioning of companies
- Conduct operational and financial performance analysis
- Prepare business plans and financial forecasts (P&L, CFS, BS and debt modeling on Excel)
- Assess companies’ financing needs and business opportunities for the Bank
-Assist the team in its other daily tasks
-Top business/engineering school with strong academic track record, and a major in finance/strategy
- First experience in investment banking / private equity / strategy consulting recommended
- French, English (written and oral), other languages appreciated
- Demonstrates interest in financial modeling and solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills -Good presentation and communication skills
- Team player and ability to adapt to various working situations
- Sense of humor highly appreciated!
This programme is closed to applications.