London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 - Trading Risk Strategy
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
ABOUT Trading Risk & Strategy
BNP Paribas’ Trading Risk & Strategy (TRS) is a unique team reporting directly to the Head of Global Markets. It engages with all the business lines as partners and help them optimize the risk /return of their inventories, optimize the capital necessary to run their franchise and improve their trading platform with tools and bespoke analysis.
- You will be hired into the TRS team as a Graduate Analyst in London. TRS’s organization closely mirror that of the business lines and you’ll be working in a unit of 3 to 4 persons focusing either on ‘FX, Local markets and commodities’ or ‘G10 Rates’.
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial and other languages are a definite advantage in this field as you will ideally converse with your clients in their native language.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related disciplines
- Previous related internship or work experience in financial services and/or investment banking
- Good knowledge of Capital Markets
- For the trading and structuring desks, programming skills such as C++ or VBA and understanding programming is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Experience in using information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters)
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues