London – Long Term Internship 2017 – Energy & Infrastructure – Advisory Financing
WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Our Infrastructure Sector Team is responsible for bringing to our clients (IBE corporates and Infrastructure / Pension and Sovereign Wealth Funds) strategic solutions on mergers & acquisitions, and specialized financing, combining expertise across structured financing, rating advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions with a focused international approach.
We are one of the major European players, both in M&A, Financing and ECM with a solid franchise in the UK, France, Spain and Italy.
To assist in the origination and execution of advisory and arranging mandates within the London Energy & Infrastructure team with a particular focus on financial analysis, financial modelling and structuring in Transportation (airport, port, toll road, rail) and regulated utilities. When executing an M&A transaction from a debt perspective, to provide advice on all aspects including valuation, debt structuring, business plan, and process management.
Understanding of the market and the sector:
- Develop specific knowledge in the infrastructure and energy sector and be aware of trends and business opportunities including regulatory risk
- Acquire and or develop knowledge in credit markets (loans and bonds) for the infrastructure and energy sector. Be familiar with financial structures and credit rating applicable for the sector
- Undertake research analysis into industry sectors as required including airlines, airport & port operators, toll roads, train leasing companies, and regulated utilities
Credit risk and credit proposals:
- Involved in the preparation of the credit proposal. Ensure that the credit proposal expresses risks in a comprehensive, succinct and clear manner.
- Ensure that a detailed and exhaustive financial analysis (cash flow models and sensitivities) is provided.
- Provision of detailed financial analysis and projections based upon due diligence material and other research
- Attend credit committee meetings, as required.
Transaction execution and closing:
- Actively participate from the origination to the closing of the transaction by assisting the Deal Captain in charge on any aspects related to the transaction including inter alia the production of financial analysis, valuation, term sheets negotiation, performing due diligence, RAROC calculations and writing sections of the credit memo (for an arranging role)
- Create and or update financial models to produce sensitivities and interpret cash flow projections to determine credit risk and acceptable debt sizing / valuation range
- Perform due diligence based upon available information including inter alia technical, legal, tax & accounting
- Assist the Portfolio Manager for specific projects in the Portfolio by performing annual reviews and submitting waiver request if required
- Provide support to various internal departments (loan administration, accounting & finance, compliance) to ensure the closing and monitoring of transactions in a timely manner
Skills and Experience
- Strong academic record, by preference Master in Engineering, Economics or Finance preferred
- Previous work experience related to credit structuring/analysis or experience in Investment Banking / Structured Finance or similar front office environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Analytical mind-set and commercial knowledge of capital markets
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in English and a second European language a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate tenacity and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail, adherence to the highest quality standards
- Team Player
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
CLOSING DATE 09TH SEPTEMBER
This programme is closed to applications.