Paris - Long Term Internship - Corporate Banking - Leveraged Finance Origination Analyst
6-month internship starting in February or March 2018.
Leveraged Finance Europe (LFE) gathers 80 professionals specialized in LBO Financing across Europe (Paris, London, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Brussels, Munich and Rom). These teams are responsible for the origination of LBO deals, from mid-cap to large-cap, and their follow up.
In the Paris office, the intern will work with the Origination team (10 professionals) and might assist the Portfolio Management team (6 professionals) or other European teams. He might also be exposed to other BNP Paribas teams (M&A, Syndication, DCM, Risk Management) as well as to external partners. The intern will join other interns in our team. His ability to integrate well into those different environments is key to a successful internship.
Participation to pitch to client (new LBO transaction, refinancing, extension, restructuring):
- Presentation of company (products, markets, key lending criteria, main risks, financial profile, cash-flow generation)
- Presentation of proposed financing structures
Participation in the analysis of LBO targets:
- Preparation of industry research, understanding the company profile and performance, positioning the target vs. its competitors, contribution to the risk analysis and financial projections modelling
- Work on internal credit paper : company presentation, sector, group performance, business plan and projections
- Take part in the follow-up of risks through the review on the portfolio transactions’ performance:
- Update of financial results, ratios calculations and performance analysis
- Involvement in annual credit file review and elaboration of a quarterly review
Valuation of companies:
- Valuation methods, peers analysis and research on historical trading multiples
Intern’s progression will depend on:
- His knowledge in accounting and finance
- His abilities to write and synthesize
- His personal involvement
- His capacity to adapt well to the working environment
This internship will help :
- Consolidate technical skills (financial analysis, risks analysis) in a demanding environment, under time and performance pressure
- Confirm interest in banking and LBO while working for a top ranked team within Europe’s leading LBO players
Business school / Engineering school / University
A very good level of written and oral English
Good writing and expression skills both in French and English
Very good skills on Powerpoint and Excel
Strong interest in the social media and collaborative approach
Good communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Adaptation and organisational skills
This programme is closed to applications.