London - Long Term Internship - Quantitative Research
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
We have open positions in the quant teams supporting our Business Lines (Rates, Credit and FX) and in our e-FIC team.
The Rates, Credit and FX quantitative research teams are responsible for the development of pricing and risk management models for Trading and Sales. They have daily exposure to structurers, traders, sales as well as our technology and risk management teams.
- Creating and implementing the mathematical models and strategies used for pricing and market making
- Support directly Trading, Sales and Structuring on a day-to-day basis by helping analyse specific trades/risks and applying the optimal pricing model
- Pricing, risk management and relative value for flow, exotic and primary desks
- Assessing the suitability of the models used by reviewing their assumptions, derivation, implementation and limitations
- Responsible for best practices for PnL Explain and Predict globally
- Involvement in key transversal regulatory topics such as FRTB or MIFID II
- Interaction with risk teams for market risk capital models such as VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM or IMM.
The e-FIC Team carries out quantitative research in electronic trading of Fixed Income and Currency (FX) products. Its aim is to provide fully automated solutions for market making
- Support Trading and Sales by providing algorithmic pricing, quoting, risk management and execution tools to help automate their workflow
- Conduct research and analysis using historical datasets to develop models behind the automation tools
- Interact with Trading, Sales and IT to ensure a timely delivery of projects to all interested parties' standards
- Continuously improve existing models to adapt to an ever changing market landscape
Technical skills required:
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 6 to 11 Months
Start Date: Flexible