Paris - Apprenticeship - Global Banking - Corporate Debt Platform - Acquisition Finance Analyst
2 years Apprenticeship from January 2019, rythm 6 months / 6 months.
Within BNP Paribas’ CIB division, the Corporate Debt Platform (CDP) gathers a group of 100+ loan (structured and vanilla) and bond (high grade and high yield) originators located in 2 main hubs, London and Paris, as well as in Frankfurt, Brussels, Milan and Madrid, covering the bank’s core Corporate clients in Europe across all economic sectors.
Within the CDP, the corporate acquisition finance (CAF) specialists’ mission is to originate, structure and document syndicated acquisition financing and other structured loans (post-IPO financing, financing of minority buy-backs…) granted to large (CAC 40-like) and midsize corporates across Europe, either in the investment grade (IG) or sub-IG space.
The CAF team works in close co-operation with the various Coverage teams across Europe and other teams of the bank, either within the CDP (DCM or rating advisory specialists) or elsewhere (Corporate Finance, ECM, Real Estate Financing, sector experts, in-house legal counsels, Global Markets’ Loan Syndicate etc).
Context and stakes of the apprenticeship: provide a full operational support to the CAF team in Paris.
As a full member of the team, working closely with associates, VPs and directors and with the benefit of an intensive on-the-job technical and professional training, key operational responsibilities will include:
- Marketing activity: help prepare client pitches (ie simulation of acquisitions), ie summarize buyer and target activity and financial profile, set up financial models (including rating adjustments) reflecting various acquisition scenarios with a view to structuring a full-fledged financing solution (associating products across the whole equity / convertibles / hybrid / senior bond and loan product spectrum),
- Credit process: preparation of credit memos covering financial analysis, financial modeling, sector and strategic analysis, analysis of profitability for the bank...
- Light portfolio and reporting management.
In a nutshell, a truly operational and rewarding apprenticeship in a motivating environment with a strong team spirit, ideal to develop good analytical skills in financial modeling and credit analysis across a wide range of economic sectors and set the basis of a solid culture in corporate and investment banking, thanks to an involvement in strategic transactions for the bank’s key French Corporate clients.
• Business or engineering schools / universities
• Familiar with financial analysis and modeling
• Analytical skills
• Keen to take responsibilities
• Fluent in French and English (orally and in writing)
• Ms Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)