London - Long term internship – IG Bonds
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Corporate Debt Platform: Combines BNP Paribas’ debt activities both loan and bonds into a solutions based platform. The EMEA team is run from London, with important centres across Europe.
The Investment Grade Bonds team is a dynamic team within BNP Paribas’ Corporate Debt Platform that advises and manages the issuance of bond issues and private placements by large companies, many of whom have credit ratings. BNP Paribas has market leadership in the Euro denominated bond market and has strong positions in many others, such as US Dollars and British Pounds.
The Northern European Team manages clients in the UK, Ireland, Nordics and Holland and has a highly busy throughput of transactions large and small.
- Supporting DCM Marketers covering corporate clients in the UK, Nordics and Holland in developing client presentations, letters, proposals
- Conduct data analysis on new issues and credit analysis on target clients
- Preparing frequent written market updates/ newsletters
- Assist in the execution of DCM mandates, co-ordinating internal and external resources
- Manage internal process for deal pitching and execution
- Work closely with Syndicate, Structuring, Legal and Corporate Banking teams
- Analytical, logical and innovative thinker
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player
- Knowledge & insight of the coverage region (Northern Europe) would be an advantage
- Must be completely fluent in English and another relevant language may be helpful
- Be a role model,supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 11 Months
Start Date: April 2018