London - Long Term Internship - Equities and Derivatives – Premium Flow Sales Assistant
Who we are:
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
- To support the Premium Flow Sales team with all matters of business pre- and post- trading to ensure smooth operations (across flow derivatives and ETFs client trading)
- Liaise with client middle office and back office contacts and respective BNP internal departments for onboarding and settlement issues.
- Booking trades, trade confirmations (where not automated), following up on settlement issues and booking errors
- Gathering data daily (missed and done trades) from electronic quoting platforms and calculating hit ratios by client.
- Monitoring hit ratios by client
- Inputting sales CC to Apollo
- Prepare flow data for ETF providers (e.g., iShares, Amundi)
- Liaise with Equity Derivatives Research Team in the development of research pieces
- Assist with preparation of marketing presentations and pitches
- Participate in the idea generation process along with the other members of the team
- Help to create bespoke analysis & comparisons for clients on demand
- Assist and contribute to the restructuring of the premium flow processes as we upgrade to the new ‘automated’ model
- Assist with the daily and weekly reporting of desk activities to management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required for interacting with clients and other BNP departments
- Ability to handle difficult situations confidently and tactfully to ensure speedy resolution of client issues
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and diligently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Power Point essential)
- Interest in the financial industry and familiarity with financial products
- Motivation and initiative
Fluent English; other European language skills would be a plus (French, Spanish, Italian or German)
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions
- Escalate issues to your manager when unsure
CLOSING DATE 31ST MAY 2018
This programme is closed to applications.