London – Summer Internship Programme 2018 – Global Banking
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Our Summer internship programme within Global Banking provides an unique opportunity to spend 10 exciting weeks in the Bank, in one of the 3 following business lines: UK Coverage, Corporate Finance or Financing Solutions. Your first week will consist of a training, the 8 following weeks will be spent among one of these 3 business lines and your last week will be an opportunity to shadow other desks in addition.
Corporate Coverage is the area within the bank that manages all of the interactions between the bank and its Corporate Clients.
Corporate Finance department offers advisory services for mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity capital markets (ECM) transactions and balance sheet restructuring, combining the expertise across multiple industry groups with a focused international approach.
Financing Solutions is in charge of the origination, structuring, and placement of debt financing as well as related advisory services for Corporates (Corporate Debt Platform), Financial Sponsors (Leveraged Debt Platform), and clients in the Energy, Resources and Infrastructure (ERI), and Real Estate (REF) sectors.
What you will do
Your role will include:
- Assisting in conducting industry research and analysis
- Preparing pitch books, presentations and memorandums
- Conducting financial analysis of current or prospective clients
- Developing and analysing financial models (valuation, financing, rating)
- Assisting in the drafting of internal or marketing materials
- Building and maintaining internal databases
- Following and assisting on transactions
- Coordinating with other teams within the bank
What we are looking for
- Strong academic background from a leading university
- An eager inquiring mind
- A proven interest in finance and economic affairs
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Closing date for applications: 16th April 2018
Start Date: 25th June 2018
End date: 31st August 2018
Duration: 10 Weeks
This programme is closed to applications.