Paris - Apprenticeship - Global Banking - Trade Finance - Business Development & Data Management Analyst
Apprenticeship mission for 1-2 years with a beginning in September 2018.
Trade Finance (banking products and services aiming at facilitating clients’ import and export transactions) has been defined as a strategic activity for all the BNP Paribas Group.
Within BNP Paribas’ Corporate Banking activity, the Trade Finance Competence Center (TFCC) transversal mission is to ensure coordination between all the channels offering Trade Finance products across BNPP Group as well as with all other internal and external stakeholders.
With the aim of contributing to the assessment of performance and risks associated with the Trade Finance (TF) activities, providing market intelligence and expertise to TF teams; monitoring, lobbying and complying with the global regulatory frameworks, and ultimately pro-actively assisting in the development and leadership positioning of the TF business in the market.
Within the TFCC, Business Development dpt mission is to facilitate the growth of Trade Finance activities across the Group.
The Trade Finance Control Functions & Data Management supports the Head of TFCC BD in delivering the above mission and objectives, in particular:
• develop appropriate reporting tools/processes for centralization, assess and provide relevant analysis of data pertaining to the Trade Finance activities, by products and by channels, including among other revenues, credit exposure.
Main activities to be performed by the candidate:
• Perform regular portfolio or data analysis for Trade Finance stakeholders / managers, prepare and deliver high-quality standard or customised reporting within demanding timeframes
• Maintain direct contacts with internal clients on periodical needs / assist Managers and Team Heads in their missions and data projects
• Prepare and participate in internal client discussions and stakeholder workshops related to Data Management (present and future organisation) and Risk / Compliance reporting
• Contribute to Data Management tools development, more generally participate in brainstorming to improve business and create innovative tools
• Work – in coordination with Transaction Banking strategy team and TFCC Business Development team - on complex and deep data analysis to provide key insight to management. Contribute to build medium to long-term business vision on TF Data Management
• Ensure strong cooperation and integration with different stakeholders and data providers
• Lead or – as the case may be – contribute to initiatives on Data Management and Product / Channels development related to Trade Finance (quality, identification of key data elements, collection, digitization, big data, …) to improve risk management, customer insights and identify new levers of growth (cross selling or intragroup synergies, …)
• Monitor regulatory evolution, assess the impact for trade finance, anticipate and support implementation of required changes
The candidate shall report to the Head of Trade Finance Control Functions & Data Management.
Joining Corporate Banking / Trade Finance Competence Center is an outstanding career platform and learning opportunity:
• High exposure to Trade Finance & more generally to Transaction banking business (banking with the “real economy”) in which BNPP holds global leadership positions
• Unique transversal perspective on Corporate and Transaction Banking activity across BNPP Group as well as on Data Management, and upcoming changes (regulation, digital technology, ...)
• Team with long Business development / Corporate Banking experience, working in an international and agile setup to deliver high quality and focused solutions to business managers
• Direct contribution to support the successful transformation of Transaction Banking activity
Business School / Engeneering school / University
• Insightful analytical skills: outstanding conceptual and problem-solving capabilities, with a structured and solution-driven approach, strong data driven modelling and analysis capability.
• Independent: Organizational skills, capability to carry out tasks and projects autonomously in a small team and international environment. • Client oriented: ability to constantly learn from internal client feed-backs, to deliver within tight timeframes when needed
• Advanced drafting & formatting capacity: presentations, minutes, memos, mails …High proficiency in Powerpoint / Excel (modelling ability) and possibly web based tools
• Academic record: degree from a leading school (business/engineering) or university equivalent. Additional degree (eg Master) / Specialisation in Data Science would be a plus
• Strong plus: knowledge of wholesale banking industry, experience in Corporate Banking businesses, experience on Data Management topics
• Fluency in English / French