London - 2018- Long Term Internship - FIC COO Business Analyst
Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) is a global coverage group specialising in the financial institutions sector. The UK team, based in London, provides sector coverage (relationship management) to UK banks and insurance companies, hedge funds, asset managers, pension funds, official institutions and financial sponsors.
FIC aims to build long-term relationships with key clients and gain insights into client strategy and targets to provide original and integrated ideas and solutions. The responsibilities of bankers and relationship managers include:
- Managing the overall client relationship in order for BNP Paribas to be seen as a long-term partner
- Building strong networks across client C-suites, decision-makers, dealers and facilitators
- Understanding client requirements, identifying gaps in coverage, and working with front office salespeople to pitch suitable solutions and services
- Developing detailed client plans to establish pipeline opportunities/ priorities for resource planning
- Promoting cross-selling and diversifying revenue streams to support sustainable long-term business flow
- Supporting business lines on risk-related issues
- Acting as the first line of defence for the bank from a legal, compliance and regulatory perspective
Role responsibilities of the Global COO Office
The COO Office supports and assists FIC Bankers in their efforts to promote all of the Bank’s product lines, both domestically and globally. The team focuses on strategy development, financial management/budgeting, conduct and control, KYC and on-boarding, regulatory projects, communication, governance, technology solution development, data integrity and the management of FIC’s global client portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities of a COO Business Analyst
As a long-term intern, you will work directly with the Global COO for FIC and his team to support the above-mentioned activities.
Responsibilities include assisting the team with:
- Economic and financial analysis on key clients and the client portfolio
- The preparation of presentations and materials for senior meetings, including the FIC Executive Board and the Institutional Client Supervisory Board, on-sites and workshops
- The delivery of internal projects, related to a wide-range of topics including technology enablement, process improvement, regulatory and compliance
- The development and execution of the global FIC control plan and conduct strategy, working with FIC’s Chief Conduct and Control Officer
- Monitoring and updating client data, to ensure accuracy and integrity
Technical skills and qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and pro-active individual who is curious to learn and wants to work as part of a close-knit team
- The role will suit someone who wants to gain a good overview of the operational workings of a front-office team, with a view to moving into a permanent job within investment banking.
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Start date: ASAP
This programme is closed to applications.