London - 2019 Graduate Analyst Programme - Generalist
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
The Global Markets Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. The Generalist programme is designed for you to gain exposure to three different areas of the business. These could be across any of the following business lines, Trading, Structuring, Sales, Primary and Research; one rotation will be from our Generalist stream (which can include COO, Strategy and Risk, Institutional Sales, eCommerce & Digital.) This will give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
These will vary due to the rotational nature of the programme but the following can be expected in each of the different business lines outside of the generalist rotation:
- Designing, pricing and marketing derivatives
- Creating innovative products and ideas suited to market conditions and client needs.
- Supporting the marketing efforts through back-testing, presentations
- Interacting closely with Sales, Trading and Clients when needed.
- Contributing to digitalisation of our platform
- Controlling that the product offer is in line with the BNPP trading capacity and policies.
- Trade execution and short-term risk management
- Aid trading activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis
- Trading report development, and evaluation of trading strategies and their appropriateness for our customers
- Market commentary and analysis for internal and external distribution
- Development of modelling tools for markets analysis
-Support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
-Market commentary for internal and external distribution.
-Identify new clients for the business.
-Support client initiatives.
-Develop presentations for use by team.
- Supporting DCM Marketers in developing client presentations, letters, proposals
- Conduct data analysis on new issues and credit analysis on target clients
- Preparing frequent written market updates/ newsletters
- Assist in the execution of DCM mandates, co-ordinating internal and external resources
-Support the research team by conducting analysis of a wide variety of economies, financial markets , as well as political developments
-Assist in the development of new research and modelling tools
-Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on global markets
-Carry out deep-dive research on a variety of countries/asset classes
-Draft presentations, research notes and responses to client questions
-Generate trading strategies
-Present macroeconomic and market views and/or trading strategies to internal and external clients clearly and effectively
- Methodical, logical, systematic and solution-driven approach
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and a keen interest in current affairs and finance topics
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Strong desire and capacity to learn
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 6th September 2018
CLOSING DATE: 30th November 2018
This programme is closed to applications.