London 2019- Long Term Internship- Quantitative Research
Who we are
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
We have open long term intern positions in the quant teams supporting our Business Lines (Rates, Credit and FX).
The Rates, Credit and FX quantitative research teams are responsible for the development of pricing and risk management models for Trading and Sales. They have daily exposure to structurers, traders, sales as well as our technology and risk management teams.
What you will do
- Your role will include:
- Creating and implementing the mathematical models and strategies used for pricing and market making
- Support directly Trading, Sales and Structuring on a day-to-day basis by helping analyse specific trades/risks and applying the optimal pricing model
- Pricing, risk management and relative value for flow, exotic and primary desks
- Assessing the suitability of the models used by reviewing their assumptions, derivation, implementation and limitations
- Responsible for best practices for PnL Explain and Predict globally
- Involvement in key transversal regulatory topics such as FRTB or MIFID II
- Interaction with risk teams for market risk capital models such as VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM or IMM.
Technical skills required:
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Closing date for applications:
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 4-11 months
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London
This programme is closed to applications.