London 2019 - Long Term Internship - Convertible Bond Flow - Sales Assistant
WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
- Assist convertible bond flow in their daily activities: book the trades, manage client on boarding and handle with clients’ requests
- Help the research analyst to produce daily and monthly convertible bonds reports, watch news on the underlying of the convertible bonds
- Liaise with Middle-Office and Back-Office to monitor matching and settlement issues
- Use and develop Excel and Access tools to analyse convertible bonds, clients’ performance and the desk’s activity (VBA and Bloomberg)
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Strong academic track record
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other European languages an advantage
- Strong IT Skills – mainly Excel, VBA and Bloomberg
- Prior experience of the finance sector is an advantage
- Ability to think analytically and demonstrate attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
CLOSING DATE 23rd January 2019