London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2019 - Country Project Office (CPO)
COUNTRY PROJECT OFFICE (CPO)
The Country Project Office plans, executes and implements high profile, strategic programmes and projects throughout the UK.
CPO coordinates efforts across all business areas and functions including Global Markets, Corporate Banking, BP2S, Compliance, Operations, IT etc.
In addition to large projects and business changes delivery, CPO also provides advisory and consulting services such as:
- Project governance and approach, guidance and quality assurance
- Analysing problems and proposing solutions
- Leading teams through change
The team reports directly to the UK Territory management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
The graduate reports to the head of CPO and has the following responsibilities:
- Supports a Project Manager, Work Stream Lead or Business Analyst with defined project tasks (reviews, data analysis, investigating issues, documentation of processes or operating models, preparation of presentations/slides etc.), depending on experience more or less autonomously with the goal to work independently. This provides the opportunity to acquire knowledge about different areas and functions of the bank and meet different stakeholders, but also to learn about project management.
- Shows quality management and control awareness of work delivered
- Manages different assignments with different project managers/analysts in parallel
- Builds and maintains relationships with team, sponsors, key stakeholders and business functions
- Provides regular management reporting on progress, identifying issues for management attention at the earliest opportunity
- Adheres to CPO standards and reporting structure in timely manner
Management of workload
- Capacity to understand the bigger picture to appreciate context of the assignment
- Ability to prioritise and systematically organise tasks, demonstrating sensitivity to urgent matters, completing tasks in a timely manner
Analysis / problem solving
- Capability to get to understand complex situations
- Ability to think pragmatically and step back to take perspective
- Capacity to work hands-on using analytical, problem solving and synthesizing skills
- Capability to research solutions and gather data from many sources to ensure understanding of all relevant aspects
- Ability to seek perspectives of others and to collaborate with them in identifying solutions
- Capable of building relationships with people at different levels of seniority
Impactful presentation & communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas (spoken and written) and create organised, accurate and concise written documents
- Capacity to tailor written and spoken communication to different audiences with appropriate level of detail
- Ability to seek support and ask targeted, thoughtful questions to facilitate task completion
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to acquire new knowledge/skills from project/assignment that is utilised in future work
- Appetite to learn new concepts and seek professional development
- Proactively develops and deepens specialised knowledge and personal skills.
- Capacity to adapt to the needs of the project/assignment, changing demands, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage stress well and perform reliably under changing demands and/or priorities
- Willingness to learn new project management or consulting methodologies and adapt to new tools or ways of working
- Knowledge of one banking business area and associated processes optional
- Product knowledge or banking operations knowledge optional
- Knowledge of how to manage projects optional
This programme is closed to applications.