London - 2019 - Long Term Internship - Valuation & Risk Control
Valuation & Risk Control (V&RC) is part of a global team (Capital Market V&RC) with hubs in Europe, Asia and America. Keys responsibilities of the group include IPV, risk reporting and mandate monitoring. We are looking to hire an Intern to work in Valuation & Risk Control with a focus on Commodity Derivatives.
Within BNP Paribas CIB, Valuation & Risk Control in Commodity Derivatives is a part of ITO/Capital Markets, and in charge of:
- Performing the independent price verification (IPV) on daily and monthly basis. Contributing to consensus derivatives pricing services using our internal prices, looking at the quality of the independent market data and challenging when necessary. Understanding the marking methodology of the group to better test independently our marks.
- Produce accurate daily and monthly reports highlighting coverage, risk, independent market data quality and IPV results.
- Assist the team in the Valuations and Risk Control projects.
- Developing and improving processes developed in Excel/VBA and even in C# if the candidate knows .Net
- The intern needs to keep a fresh eye on his reports, understand the processes and own the existing tools to then be able to work on improving the processes in Excel/VBA and even in C# if the candidate knows .Net
- Able to interact with various groups within BNP Paribas: Quant Research, Risk Management, Front-Office, IT, and Financial Control
- This internship is a great opportunity for a first experience in market finance and understand the control framework, risk systems and trading franchise
Start Date: September 2019
This programme is closed to applications.