London - Long Term Internship 2020 - Equities & Derivatives Flow Sales assistant
WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
- To assist senior salespeople in dealing with clients - pricing reverse enquires and pitching trade ideas
- Liaise with Traders to price requests
- Liaise with EDS in the development of research pieces
- Liaise with RCM teams to ensure trades receive timely credit approval
- Liaise with the Structuring Team for the pricing and designing of structured products
- To ensure smooth operations - solve any issues with middle office/back office
- Ensure trade confirmations are correctly specified
Act as first point of contact for back office and post-trade issues
Prepare marketing presentations and pitches for customised products
- Participate in the idea generation process along with the other members of the team
In addition to this, your role will involve helping to build client databases, supporting the management daily and weekly reporting of desk activities and investigating any trade settlement problems and follow up on all documentation issues.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and diligently
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (excel essential, VBA a +)
- Previous experience in Financial Markets required
- Interest in the financial industry and familiarity with financial products, clients etc required
- Motivation and initiative
- Rigor, creativity, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to work under pressure and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
- Fluent English; French is an advantage but by no means compulsory
Start Date: Dec 2019