London - Long Term Internship 2020 - UK Territory Management
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNPP London branch is steered by the UK Territory head having the 5 following responsibilities over the UK (1) internal control and compliance, (2) clients development, (3) liquidity management, (4) representation and development, and (5) the optimisation of resources and the management of functions other than the independent control functions. The territory management department is composed of the UK territory head, the deputy, a COO and a chief of staff. The department is working closely with the UK business lines and functions as well as the Paris head office to ensure that of all the before mentioned responsibilities are satisfied.
Within the UK territory, management department the intern will have to assist the UK territory chief of staff in carrying all the day-to-day activity
Contribute to various strategic presentations
Provide support on projects lead by the UK Territory
Contribute to Global initiatives impacting the territory
Skills & Experience Required:
- A first professional experience (incl. long term internship) is requested
- Sound judgement and analytical skills;
- Strong proficiency in powerpoint and slides design
- Highly developed organisational skills;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to different situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff and management
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Start Date: February
Closing Date for Application: 17th January
This programme is closed to applications.