London - Long Term Internship 2020 - FIC Mergers & Acquisitions
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Our Corporate Finance department offers advisory services for mergers and acquisitions (M&A), primary equity capital markets (ECM) transactions and balance sheet restructuring, combining the expertise across 9 sector groups with a focused international approach.
This role will sit in the FIC team, with a start date of June 2020.
Working as an intern, your role will include:
· Financial analysis and valuation by developing quantitative models
· Preparing presentations and information in the origination and execution framework for transactions
· Actively participating in the transaction process
· Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects
· Assisting in conducting industry research and analysis
· Preparing pitch books, presentations and memorandums
· Coordinating with professional parties and/or the Stock Exchange
· Performing due diligence, reviewing and analyzing results of due diligence exercises
· Monitoring the progress of the listing / transaction process.
· Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
· Good at building relationships
· Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail
· Ability to work within a team and autonomously
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
· Strong academic record, ideally in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Financial Analysis, Valuation or Corporate Strategy
· Previous internship experience in Corporate Finance or M&A. Any experience in credit analysis or private equity would be useful
· High level of technical skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong modelling and quantitative skills
· Fluency in English
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: June 2020