London - Graduate Programme 2020 - Automated Market Making, ETF Trading
Who we are
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
What you will do/Your role
To support the fast growth of the Automated Market-Making group, the candidate will be joining a team of London-based traders. She or he will:
· Participate in the constant improvement the ETF trading capacity (Electronic market-making, Automated ) :
o Enhance market-making strategies and positioning algorithms through modelling and back-testing.
o Optimize hedging strategies at trade level and book level
o Monitoring pricing parameters and risk-managing the book (dividends, repo, delta)
o Handling the trading book day-to-day (primary trading, inventory optimization)
o Leverage the electronic infrastructure to expand the bank’s Client franchise
o Maintain BNP Paribas’s leadership as an ETF market-maker across asset-classes
· Develop the Index algorithmic trading capacity :
o Developing the equity execution platform along with Strategists, including new algorithm and technical evolutions. This includes risk centralization on equities and derivatives.
o Monitoring execution performance and investigate potential issues
· Leverage a flexible entrepreneurial human and technical working environment to developing pricing, market-making, execution, risk trading capacities for the benefit of the whole bank and its clients.
Technical skills required:
· Analytical background, with graduation from a leading Engineering school (add’l MSc in Finance a plus).
· English / French bilingual is a plus.
· Uncompromising attention to detail and rigor.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Risk awareness.
· Ability to quickly apprehend complex technical infrastructures.
· Advanced level in any object-oriented language.
· Knowledge of VBA is a must. Python is a plus.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening Date: 11/03/2020
Closing Date: 30/04/2020