London - Long Term Internship 2020 - Index Flow Europe
Who we are
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
What you will do/Your role
As an intern within the NLT EMEA group, your aim will be to assist:
- the Private Equity fund of fund team in developing analytical tools to better follow the inventory of loans and managing its risks
- the Index flow team in developing tools, automating and enhancing its market surveillance and predictive capabilities and in taking part in the daily tasks of the desk
- in performing ad hoc analysis on quantitative and qualitative issues faced by NLT
You will work in close partnership with ITs and Quantitative Research teams.
Technical skills required:
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- - Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- - Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- - Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: July 2020
Duration: 6-11 months