London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2021 - Sales
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNPP is a leading bank in Sustainable Finance and Global Markets contributes to the group across its financing, investing, hedging and servicing activities, bridging investors needs and issuers ESG needs.
Integrating Sustainable Finance into our strategic dialogue with our clients has become a key pillar of GM strategy, well aligned with the rest of CIB.
Our objective is to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business, and every employee will be expected to contribute to their team or desk efforts to promote and develop ESG products and sustainable finance solutions during their rotations.
The Global Markets Graduate Programme is a 12 month rotational programme where you will conduct 3 x 4 month rotations. In addition to experiencing a range of sales desks across different asset classes, you will also have the opportunity to conduct one rotation in a different specialism including; sales, structuring, research or primary. This will give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets over the course of the programme.
These will vary due to the rotational nature of the programme but the following can be expected for your sales rotations:
-You will support activities by analysing opportunities, producing research and market analysis.
-Provide market commentary for internal and external distribution.
-Identify new clients for the business.
-Support client initiatives.
-Develop presentations for use by team.
There are different type of Sales (Macro/Mast/Solutions) across Corporate and Institutional clients. In all cases, we would expect the Candidates to demonstrate the following skills:
- Methodical, logical, systematic and solution-driven approach
- Creativity and willingness to challenge and innovate
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and a keen interest in current affairs and finance topics
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
In addition, the following skillset would be considered a plus for the following roles:
- Solutions Sales : Data knowledge, Regulatory and law knowledge, Investment Banking knowledge
- Macro Sales : strong Macroeconomics background, a Transversal Financial Markets view
- Market Access Bespoke : Data Mining & Processing capabilities, Transaction processing and data capture, a Transversal financial markets view
- Market Access Services Sales : Descriptive Modeling & Data Mining & Processing capabilities, Disruptive Innovation skills, Business / IT relationships, Industrial Flow Management skills, Transaction processing and data capture, a Transversal financial markets view
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Strong desire and capacity to learn
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience
- Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
- Ability to influence,
- Products & services conception and presentation capabilities,
- Customer Relationship Management and Strategic Commercial Coverage skills
- Digital knowledge & culture
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 1st September 2020
CLOSING DATE: 1st November 2020
This programme is closed to applications.