London - 2021 Summer Internship Programme - Global Markets
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNPP is a leading bank in Sustainable Finance and Global Markets contributes to the group across its financing, investing, hedging and servicing activities, bridging investors needs and issuers ESG needs.
Integrating Sustainable Finance into our strategic dialogue with our clients has become a key pillar of GM strategy, well aligned with the rest of CIB.
Our objective is to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business, and every employee will be expected to contribute to their team or desk efforts to promote and develop ESG products and sustainable finance solutions during their rotations.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The programme begins with a week of professional training which will help to enhance your technical and professional skills. You will then be allocated to two different desks on rotation allowing you to work on real projects, become part of the teams and gain a real insight into the role. In order for you to gain an understanding of the other areas within Global Markets, we will help you to arrange work-shadowing placements on other desks across the different divisions. In addition, you will attend workshops, including interactive case studies, networking and social events allowing you to meet with some of our senior managers and colleagues across CIB as well as working on individual and team projects.
Purpose & Scope of role
- Operates under daily supervision from line management
- Scope: UK Global Markets Team
Key Responsibilities of role
- Participate in Technical and Business Skills Training
- Complete Desk specific assignments
- The work you could be involved in varies depending on the desks you join
- Complete Summer Internship projects
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Candidates are required to be in their penultimate year of study
- All candidates must speak fluent English
- Excellent academic background, on track for a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and economic affairs
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Motivated and driven to learn more about Global Markets
- Required to demonstrate and apply the listed skills and competences at novice level at least
- Basic coding skills e.g. VBA, Python, C++
Opening Date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: 1st November 2021
This programme is closed to applications.