London - Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 - Hybrid Project Manager & Business Analyst
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The Territory Organisation and IT Team provide IT solutions to clients within the Corporate Investment Banking division of BNP Paribas. Our clients form a significant part of the business and support functions for Corporate & Institutional Banking – that is, Global Markets, Finance, Facilities, Business Continuity Management, IT infrastructure, User Services.
As such, the role of the Project Manager/Business Analyst is vital to delivering timely, fit-for-purpose technology solutions to our clients that once delivered are fully supported within the bank’s IT infrastructure.
The role is to provide project management and business analysis services as required by our clients. To fulfil the remit, the role must be able to work effectively and efficiently with the application developers forming the extended team in Mumbai.
The role is expected to take responsibility for the full software development and phased maintenance lifecycles using departmental templates and processes to ensure that deliveries are timely, cost managed and meet the requirements of the client. For this reason, strong Business Analysis skills, the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and the ability to apply good project management discipline are vital.
Scope & responsibilities:-
- All aspects of Project Management inclusive of planning, reporting to sponsor and line management, project resource management, stakeholder management, 3rd party supplier management, risks and issues management, budget control and deviation management, quality management, change control and configuration management, monitoring progress against plan and delivery of key milestones, project closure with lessons learnt identification.
- All aspects of Business Analysis inclusive of requirements identification, functional specification generation, business process re-engineering, analysis and documenting of process flows, user acceptance and regression test management inclusive of test planning, test scripts and test issues resolution, implementation of Traceability (Requirements to Functional Spec to Test Cases to Production Delivery), development and implementation of training requirements, generation of user guides.
- Share key skills, knowledge and experience with other team members to help everyone meet project and personal development goals
- Actively participate in the team’s shared goals and activities
- Promote the team’s services to the bank
Skills and Experience
- An understanding of the thought process involved in delivering technology projects and business process re-engineering services in large matrix organisations, such as an investment bank Knowledge and demonstrable application of Project Management and Business Analysis method
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills – able to move activities forward independently and adopt a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent service delivery / customer focus
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Flexible and adaptable as changes arise and priorities are re-defined
- Be able to analyse and resolve problems independently
- Be well-organised and able to manage their time effectively
- Be able to maintain attention to detail throughout the software development lifecycle
- Although not a technical specialist or IT programmer/developer, an understanding of these would be beneficial.
This role would suit someone who enjoys the hybrid Project Management/Business Analysis role and welcomes the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients covering very different subject areas.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening Date: 17th May 2017
Closing Date: 16th June 2017