Paris - Apprenticeship - Corporate Banking - Shipping & Offshore - Cruise Finance - Analyst
1 or 2 year Apprenticeship starting in December 2017 or January 2018.
- Cruise Finance (“CF”) is a front-office business unit in charge of all the asset-backed financing related to the Cruising sector on a worldwide basis. Cruise Finance was transferred from Export Finance to Transportation Finance 1.5 year ago to integrate a Coverage dimension and extend the offered product range.
- CF manages business relationships with a dozen of cruise brands and closed a meaningful number of cruiseship financing over the last 6 years, now generating several millions of EUR of revenues annually.
- Usual size of projects are >200 mioUSD and can reach 1bioUSD for the largest ones.
- Directly fronting international cruise operators, CF‘s scope of actions stands from mandate origination to closing of the credit facilities.
- CF pilots the execution on a worldwide basis of these transactions in coordination with the relevant teams in the Business lines involved in BNPP’s global network.
- CF Intervenes either on an autonomous basis for the facilities it directly books or in the frame of task-forces with Export Finance teams when the involvement of Export Credit Agencies is considered.
- CF is composed of 2 front officers+ 1apprentice and can count on of the support of a 50+ staff back-up.
As a support to the front officers, the analyst will be involved in:
- The overall life of structured deals from origination to closing ; concretely,
- Preparing the commercial pitches (pitch books, proposals, presentation materials),
- Financial analysis and financial cash flow modelling,
- Drafting credit applications, letter of interests and structured financial offers
- Contributing to the due diligence on ongoing mandates and KYC on counterparts,
- Follow up of signed and closed transactions (waivers, annual reviews, etc)
- Revenues / portfolio monitoring and optimization
- Supporting the Managers in their reporting exercises.
Benefits of the position:
To learn Asset-backed Finance and Export Finance techniques and analytical tools, be exposed to different aspects of the Structured Finance world (with a particular focus on Cruise sector) in a multi cultural environment / worldwide basis.
- Major French business or engineering schools, universities (with specialization in Finance)
- Last year student preferred with ideally a 1st prior banking experience (Structured Finance or Coverage leading to a good understanding of bank’s organization / business lines)
- Bilingual English and French, any other language or overseas experience is a plus
- Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
This programme is closed to applications.