Paris - Apprenticeship - Corporate Banking - Leveraged Finance Europe - Analyst
1 or 2 year Apprenticeship starting in January 2018.
Context and challenges of the mission:
The apprentice will take part in the activities of the Leveraged Debt Platform team of BNP Paribas. He/she will form part of the Portfolio Management team in Europe and will be based in Paris. He/she will contribute to different tasks linked to the monitoring of a portfolio of leveraged loans and to execution of transactions relating to portfolio companies. He/she will also be able to take part in the activities of the Origination team in Paris as the need arises.
- Participation in the analysis and monitoring of companies within the France LBO portfolio.
- Contribution to the preparation of internal presentations analysing the risk of the sector, the risk of counterparty, the leverage of the company and the follow-up of the quotations of the debt on the secondary market.
- Updating and monitoring of given companies in the portfolio.
- Contribution to the quarterly review/watchlist review of portfolio deals through updating of the internal monitoring tool (business and transaction description, current trading figures, financial ratios, and performance analysis). - Contribution, especially on the occasion of the annual review of a file, to the writing of credit reports including : sectorial studies including competitive position (industry research, peers analysis, M&A research), modelling for financial projections, performance presentation and analysis. - Contribution to the preparation of pitches to clients.
- Contribution to the preparation of internal presentations/statistics related to the Portfolio Management activity.
Benefits of the position:
This position constitutes a very good apprenticeship in the field of Leveraged Finance, financial analysis and modelling, within the LDP team of the one of the first European banks in this activity.
This position offers the opportunity for the candidate:
• to validate their technical skills (financial and risk analysis) in a demanding environment, subject to the requirements of notice and reliability.
• to confirm their benefit for the métiers of the bank.
Major French business or engineering schools, universities (with specialization in Finance).
Fluent in French and English.
Good command of Microsoft office tools.
Technical skills :
- Accounting and financial analysis
- Good financial and economic culture
- Financial modelling
- Ability to compose credit reports
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills and accuracy